There are times where we wish to live twice, no matter how much we track our memory to remember or recall every little detail of that day or night. It isn’t the same nor perfect enough. Hence, the reason why the camera recorders were born.
Each piece of human technology though serves the prime goal of the advancement of mankind, however, it stems from desires and emotions that make humans apart from the AI Robots we built. With the exponential increase in the picture and AI camera quality, the cameras have developed over time.
But there are helmets that include pre-installed motorcycle cameras are an industry-leading innovative piece of technology that not only comes with waterproof, GPS tracking, high memory, and battery life but is also capable of recording in high degree resolution, all your adventures and moments without letting those moments be coated with the dust of time.
But not all cameras have been created to similar exceptional levels, hence the reason why we decided to come up with a comprehensive review and a buying guide. After thorough market research, personal and practical experience, expert opinion input to navigate through endless products, we compiled the topmost 5 best quality and reliable cameras to be your ideal riding partner.
Here are our top 3 choices if you are in hurry or don’t like reading too much.
- Best Motorcycle Cameras Reviews
- Buying Guide for Best Motorcycle Cameras
Best Motorcycle Cameras Reviews
While the high-quality cameras can capture your life’s worth moments, ensuring that their handling doesn’t become a discomfort that can cause a mishap or accident is a priority. The bike helmets that feature a pre-installed camera are most suitable for the riding enthusiast community.
However, finding a pick that doesn’t claim impossible and robs you off is a hard case. Upgrading your riding adventures with a high-quality recording camera that records everything from the landscapes to the laughs and troubles is a long-overdue move!
Start reading through our top 5 picks to find your alter ego, the perfect adventurous camera set that is sure to widen your eyes and smile with their performance since each is a bang for the bucks!
1. Insta360 ONE X2 360 Camera
- AquaVision allows underwater shots with a built-in color auto-balance feature
- The invisible selfie stick
- 4-mic 360 degrees audio detection
- Ultra-bright touchscreen and 1630 mAh battery
- Reduces noise and maintains details even in lowlight shots with the PureShot feature
- Captures high-quality graphic shots with H.265 encoding and a 100Mbps bitrate
- The editing quality is low-rated
- The waterproof shielding is of low-quality
The Insta360 ONE X2 is not only built from IPX8 waterproof material but also features a 360-degree wide camera angle that captures a graphic color portrait with an H.265 encoding and a 100Mbps bitrate that delivers optimal image quality.
While the ultra-steady camera mode action bypasses the traditional wide-angle camera shot with horizon leveling, it allows you to choose from wide lens options and instantly take a shot. The selfie-stick wipes itself out of the image so that you get a shot that is aesthetically pleasing and readily creates a floating camera effect.
The hyper-lapse feature play with the time control by offering slow-mo and speed-up options that can be readily edited on your phone via built-in Bluetooth sharing. The Insta360 also allows you to take underwater shots with the AquaVision feature and readily auto-balances the colors while featuring a live stream and webcam option.
2. Sena 10C Pro Motorcycle Bluetooth Camera & Communication System
- Supports micro SD card of 64GB memory space
- Smart Audio Mix features integrate music to video besides actively recording audio from the intercom into the video.
- Features a built-in Quad HD camera lens of 1440p and a 16:9 resolution
- The 4-way Bluetooth intercom readily connects with 4 riders at a time.
- The Bluetooth allows access to music files, GPS navigation, and answer incoming calls.
- Records in 2K/30FPS video quality
- The battery life is very low, up to 90 minutes only.
- A separate adapter cable is required if you want to use the earbuds
Built with a 16:9 resolution and a 1440p Quad HD camera lens, the Sena 10C offers a 135 degrees view field and a 4-way Bluetooth intercom that readily allows you to connect and communicate with your fellow rider enthusiasts catering up to 4 riders at a time. Thus, promoting group adventures and endeavors.
The voice prompts ensure to keep the rider updated about vital data such as battery life percentage as well as when the camera is on video record mode. Furthermore, the Sena Camera App readily allows you to download your files of images and videos besides viewing the footage directly to your phone device.
While the built-in Bluetooth readily connects to your device and allows you to hear GPS navigation instructions, access music besides responding to incoming calls. The Sena 10C is WiFi integrated and supports up to 64GB worth of micro SD card besides the Smart Audio Mx feature that allows you to combine and/or add background music to your video files and readily record everything from the intercom straight into the video.
3. GoPro HERO8 Black 4K Waterproof Action Camera
- Live Burst feature records moments 1.5 seconds before and after the shot.
- Features Hyper Smooth 2.0 and Time Wrap 2.0 while delivering color vivid portraits and videos
- The Night Time Lapse Video feature readily shoots high-graphic quality videos and photos by a 4K, 2.7K 4:3, 1440p, or 1080p resolution.
- The wide array of digital lenses, namely Narrow, Linear, Wide, and SuperView, allow you to choose accordingly to get a prime shot.
- Offers three stabilization levels to choose from, On, High, and Boost according to your need.
- The lens is 2 times impact resistant.
- The live stream can be done at 1080p resolution at Hyper Smooth stabilization with the GoPro app, as well as storing footage to your SD card.
- The chest trap and flotation case fail upon water impact.
- The battery life is poor and requires you to carry a power device even while recording
The GoPro Hero 8 follows the “go all or go home” mantra rather seriously with great versatility. Featuring a very portable streamlined and built-in fingers layout, the GoPro Hero 8 allows swapping mounts without breaking a sweat and a side door that makes changing batteries even easier besides the lens impact resistance boosted up by a staggering 2 times.
With the smooth features revamped to be hyper smooth 2.0, the Hero 8 offers three stabilization levels: On, High, and Boost. Thus, it allows a wide vision field range in the shot without cutting back on the graphic quality.
While the time warp 2.0 offers highly stabilized time-lapse shots even when going at high speeds and readily adjusts speeds of the video by detecting the motion range, lightning, and scene. Therefore, allowing you to slow down special moments and/or roll up your time roll back to the original speed with just simple taps.
4. INNOVV K2 Dual Channel Motorcycle Motocam
- Waterproof layout
- GPS tagging, speed, and location data logged in each video footage and shoot file
- HD Dual Camera system with SONY EXMOR R-CMOS sensors
- Smart Parking mode auto activates and monitors your ride while you are away.
- Allows to tap into live-recordings and device settings using your smartphone devices
- Poor WiFi connectivity
- Kills the bike battery
The INNOV K2 comes with a waterproof layout besides an efficient and reliable system to remain unswayed under tougher conditions. It further features a built-in Smart Parking mode that readily auto activates when your bike is parked, and you are away to monitor it.
While the live recordings and device settings can be promptly tapped into from your smartphone design, be it apple or android with the INNOV App. The INNOV K2 boasts a GPS tagging feature as well as the speed and location data with the explore, share and track data logged in each video and photo file.
The full HD Dual-Camera system is further enhanced with the SONY EXMOR R-CMOS sensors operating in a large dynamic range and capturing high-graphic quality footage at 1080p resolution 30fps.
5. THINKWARE Sports M1 Dash Cam
- Built-in wifi system and mobile app
- IP66-Rated waterproof material built.
- Electronic image stabilization
- Auto Activation recording and shooting setup
- Records front and rear area view at an HD 1080p resolution
- Getting the rear camera to start up is difficult.
- The video footage quality is poor and only gives silhouettes of the vehicles at the rear.
The THINKWARE M1 Dash Cam promptly records the front and rear view in a full cinematic HD 1080p resolution with Sony Starvis irrespective of day or night.
Furthermore, the THINKWARE Cam is equipped with an innovative industry-leading electronic image stabilization; it actively reduces vibrations from the vehicles from disrupting the shoot and minimizes blurring to optimal extents to ensure a smooth, high-quality color graphic shoot. Thus, the M1 is compatible with all-terrain types making it perfect for the ATV rider community.
Built from an IP66-Rated Waterproof material, the M1 can withstand the harshest conditions besides the auto-activation setup for recording as soon as the ignition is revved up and shuts down as you power down to a stop, thus ridding you of the hassle to check whether it is recording or not.
Buying Guide for Best Motorcycle Cameras
The camera must offer high-quality resolution recording even on unexpected rainy days or accidents where it might end up at the bottom of the lake.
To remain unswayed even upon high impacts in mishaps or accidents is a priority so that the offender can be captured actively without the camera giving up. Also, so that it can be suitable for the ATV riders.
Scope Of View
The range of the camera’s visual field must be wide and should be readily adjusted in the settings to help you cover a wider ground necessary for enhancing your shoot.
The aforementioned picks and reviews are assembled to meet you halfway in the decision-making process with all the must-know facts and figures so you can make a reliable long-term serving investment.
Don’t check these off if they put your budget in cardiac arrest instead of saving up and then buying. We hope it achieved its purpose